Archive for February 15th, 2012
On this Sunday’s action-packed edition of Backbone Radio, we’ll be hearing from David Goldman, who blogs pseudonymously as Spengler at PJMedia and for the Asia Times, on his book How Civilizations Die,and events in Egypt and Iran as they unfold.
- Spengler in the Asia Times
- Spengler in PJ Media
We’ll speak with Independence Institute education expert Ben DeGrow about a legislative attempt to open up the teachers’ contract negotiations up to public scrutiny.
- Independence Institute brief Ben wrote last year about the subject (PDF)
- Recent Ed Is Watching post on the current debate
Following up on a Backbone Business segment from a year ago, we’ll look at a local programmer who’s brought Google’s smartphone payment software to its knees, and what that means for you.
- Joshua Rubin’s blog post explaining his discovery. Not for the technically faint of heart. (follow him on Twitter at @joshuarubin)
- Coverage from the American Banker
Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, founder of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, and tireless defender of American exceptionalism against political Islam, will join us to discuss Somali pirates, Syrian tragedy, and a controversy surrounding the NYPD and his film, “The Third Jihad.”
- Powerline on Somali Americans and al Shabaab
- The Clarion Fund responds to the NYPD brass on The Third Jihad
- Zuhdi Jasser responds on The Third Jihad
- CAIR’s funding
- CAIR – Unindicted Co-Conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation Trial
In our third hour, we’ll be joined by James Bennett, who’ll discuss how Europe’s distresses may be England’s – and the Anglosphere’s – opportunity.
- Daniel Hannan on India and the Anglosphere
- Joel Kotkin on why the UK doesn’t need the EU
- Open Europe on Labour support for Devolution
And we’ll preview an upcoming Centennial Institute policy conference on Media and the 2012 Elections with Institute founder and director John Andrews.
In-between, we’ll make time as always to discuss some of the issues of the week.
Please join us this Sunday evening from 5 – 8 PM, on 710 KNUS Denver, and 1460 KZNT Colorado Spring for Backbone Radio.